search instagram arrow-down
INFJ Mickey

Archives

Categories

So here is the long awaited post about my 3-Parts! You see, I’ve thought long and hard about who I am, and what makes me who I am. There’s a lot that makes up who people are. I think you can simplify it to 3 main parts: mind, heart, and soul. Part of my reason for this is biblical, and the other part is me thinking about it, and it makes sense to me logically. So here is why I believe I’m made up of 3-Parts.

Jesus replied: ” ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

Mathew 22:37

I see this verse as saying that we need to love God with all we have, all of who we are. We need to love God with every part of us. Our mind, heart, and soul. So this is the biblical aspect of why I believe I have 3-Parts. Jesus said to love God with all of our mind, heart, and soul, which I take to mean as every part of who we are.

This is where I start explaining my logic behind each part. The mind is like our conscience. It’s how we process everything. It’s what we use to think things through, what we use to apply logic and common sense. It’s our head and thinker. Our mind is where all of our thoughts are. It’s where we sit and process different things. Our mind is what we use when we are trying to make decisions or learn something. Our thoughts are rational (to us). Our minds rely upon facts and evidence. It’s the part of us that doesn’t believe things unless it can be reasoned with or proved with evidence.

My heart is what we use to feel. It’s where our emotions come from. Our heart is continuously beating, continually feeling different emotions and feelings. It’s not reliant upon logic and common sense. The heart is not logical. It can be at times, but most of the time, you can’t realize with the heart and emotions. The heart cannot be controlled. It can be suppressed or distracted, but the heart feels what it feels. It’s what the heart does, it feels and fuels emotions. The heart is often illogical. The heart is where compassion, kindness, generosity, and joy comes from. Not only that, but also pain, hurt, depression, and greed. The heart is neither good nor bad. The heart is. At times it feels good, and other times it feels terrible. The heart is like a roller coaster. You never know what it’s going to do. You can’t reason with it. You can’t predict what it will do. The heart has a mind of its own. I see the heart as the opposite of the mind.

The mind and heart balance each other out, in my opinion. The mind prevents the heart from being illogical in making decisions. It keeps the heart from making irrational decisions and making decisions solely out of emotion. Because when we make decisions purely out of feeling, we can make some stupid decisions. But at the same time, the heart balances out the mind. The heat allows the mind to make decisions that are illogical sometimes but benefits you because it makes you feel good or it helps someone.

The opposite can also happen, though. The heart and mind can be at war with each other, which is what I’m experiencing right now. My heart and mind are feeling and thinking about two different things. My heart feels one way and makes me want to do one thing. My mind is thinking the opposite way. This conflict of my heart and mind is not allowing either to balance each other. Instead, both are tugging at each other trying to win in a never-ending battle. Instead of reaching a conclusion that pleases both sides, the war makes it worse. I make stupid decisions, and I can’t think straight. My emotions are up and down every second. My mind is on hyperdrive trying to reason out a situation that can’t be reasoned out. My heart I can’t tell you what it’s doing because it feels like it’s divided in its self. So I have my heart pushing and pulling on its self, which is just confusing my mind even more. At one point I think I’ve come up with a solution then the next second I don’t feel that way and I hate my answer. It’s confusing and painful. It’s tough to rebalance both, but I’m trying to regain balance between both.

My last part is my soul. The soul, I believe, is the essential part. It essentially is at the core of both the heart and mind. It’s neither logical or emotional. It is both yet not either. The soul is the core of the person. It’s what makes the mind think the way it does, and the heart feels the way it does. The soul is what you believe. It is what you believe to be true or wrong. Whatever is in control of your soul is what guides the way you think. The soul is like the foundation of the heart and mind. For example, I’m a Christian as such my foundation is that of Christianity. All of my decisons, the way I think, the way I feel about certain things, the way I view different things are reliant upon the fact that I am a Christian and I believe in God. Our soul is what keeps both our heart and mind in check. It’s what guides our actions. It sets the guidelines for our hearts and minds.

I hope that all made sense! If you have any comments, ideas, or opinions, you want to share feel free! I’d love to hear what ya’ll have to say! Thanks so much for reading! I hope you all have a blessed day! Till next time. Peace, and God Bless!!!

~~~ INFJ Mickey

16 comments on “My 3-Parts

1. Elber Oum says:

And for years i tell mom i feel like i have many people inside but turns out that’s the quarrel between the heart and the mind lol 🙈

1. INFJ Mickey says:

😂 Yeah it feels like two siblings always fighting and I’m just like would ya’ll cut it out for a second?? That’s cool you understand the feeling!

1. Elber Oum says:

Mom never understands me because i look undecided to her so she is always like “stop being childish” but i myself is lost inside lol

2. INFJ Mickey says:

😂 That’s funny. I know the feeling though. My friends and family recognize my ‘looks’ too 😂😂

3. Elber Oum says:

Yeah yeah and i can’t just conceal how i feel and how that is projected on my face it’s just hilarious! I was once on a cab like at 10pm and i was already scared because that was my 1st time to be late alone outside but thanks to the 2 hour delay of the train that day, the driver was like “so you live in that street, but i don’t know it” and i literally didn’t think he caught my furious face as it was almost completely dark and i tried to force a smile not to look afraid but he was like ” what’s wrong? I only meant that you can guide me there” lol that was a typical fail lol 🙈

4. INFJ Mickey says:

😂 Yeah same. I can’t control what faces I make either. I’ve given up the hope that I will one day be able to. I’ve learned to play off of them though. So if I’m messing with someone I can easily play mind games with people because my face speaks for itsself 😂😂 That definitely is a crazy story! I’ve had fails like that too. Not with a cab, but where my face speaks before I can 😂😂

5. Elber Oum says:

Yeah that day my face spoke instead and he got it although i was trying to say something light hearted before he noticed but he caught it quick lol yeah i definitely can’t control that once it happens but what i try to do now is at least before going out i try to cool down by listening or watching something that makes me happy and think about what i’m out for instead of allowing my mind to chew what i was thinking about at home because that i feel is number one reason why my reactions outside are always dense …

6. INFJ Mickey says:

😂 Sometimes it happens. Yeah I do the same. I’m always trying to keep myself happy otherwise my reactions will reflect otherwise… Gotta keep hat mind occupied 😂

7. Elber Oum says:

Just a question, do you lose sleep when you are worried about something? Sometimes like not even a minute of sleep …?

8. INFJ Mickey says:

I do actually. It depends on how bad the thing I’m worried about is though. Usually if I’m worried, anxious, or upset about something I will lose sleep.

9. Elber Oum says:

Happens to me like every now and then but now it’s fixed! Tell me i have a final or a job hunt and see me stare at the ceilling until morning comes, like this is the last day but before for weeks i would have waves of anger, expectations and low self esteem ….

10. INFJ Mickey says:

Yeah if you hit the right nerve I’ll be awake all night. Sorry to hear you have the same struggle! Yeah the past couple months my emotions have been all over the place, and it’s been affecting my sleep. I’d love it if things would just settle down.

11. Elber Oum says:

I was just curious about this because i relate to many of your stories …
        Well, sometimes it becomes really though that i want to get medicine but mom refuses but it’s really painful …
        What i came to learn is that we grow up and mature through stuff, i still need to perfect riding the waves and you too soon you ll be looking back at all this and be like “so i was that angry and sad and my life for a while was upside down …” just look forward to the future and believe that really time heals everything, life happens and all you have to do is to not let it get to your core, don’t allow it to scratch your beautiful soul … i’m here for you if you need anything and i will be always here to support you 💪

12. INFJ Mickey says:

Yeah it definitely is really painful sometimes. But I honestly don’t want to take medicine for it. I did think about it because it was getting worse than I like to admit, but what kind of life is that? Where I have to rely on medicine to keep me happy. I just don’t want to ever have to rely on medicine for that. Like you said time heals everything, so it can heal what I’m going through without medicine. It may hurt now, but it’ll be worth it.

Yeah I’m still working hard on learning that too. Learning to ride the waves of life.

I’m always looking towards the future. Sometimes it hurts though. But I just have to realize that no matter what happens I’m still here because God has a plan for me. Thanks so much!! I appreciate it!!

13. Elber Oum says:

No actually i meant the sleeping medicine so you know at least sleep so i can lift my head and think straight lol 🙈

And you are most welcome 🙈

14. INFJ Mickey says:

😂😂😂 Oh well there’s that kind of medicine too. But I still don’t want to have to take medicine for stuff like that. I’d prefer with just letting it work itself out.