search instagram arrow-down
INFJ Mickey

Archives

Categories

Good morning everyone! So we are back to another Life Update. As I’m sure several of you know I did post one earlier this week because I was getting behind schedule and I wanted to explain what was going on. So today I’m going to share more about what’s going on with me. I hope you enjoy it!

So my very first update I shared I shared that I’m dealing with heartbreak right now. The second how I’m feeling overwhelmed. So far I can explain what’s also going on. I’m staying busy, and it’s why I’m feeling overwhelmed. You see I’ve read from various sources that when INFJs go through extreme stress one of the tendency’s for them is to start becoming obsessed with extroverted activities such as: over or under eating, too much physical exercise, constant activities, sensory activities, etc. I noticed I’ve done several of these. I’ve had a loss of sleep and appetite. Lately, when I’ve been playing sports, I push myself way harder than I usually do. I force myself to overexert myself physically. I’ve been unconsciously trying to work more do more physical labor. I’m continually doing various activities, which usually are sensory activities. I keep my self busy, so I distract myself from the pain, which is probably another reason why I’ve been doing sensory activities as well. Like when this heartbreak just happened, I started going out to the movies and going out to eat a lot. It’s because I wanted to do things that caused me to feel something that would distract my feeling. I was trying to escape, and I was trying to find a quick fix. All the sensory activities I do are just that — quick fixes to distract me from the real problem. And I always end up back on the real problem.

So I realize I have all these issues right now, and I’m trying to fix them, but it’s just taking time. I’ve been eating more, so that’s close to being settled. My sleep is still being plagued with nightmares, so I’m still trying to figure that one out. I’m working harder, so that’s not necessarily a bad thing. It makes my boss happy, lol. I’m exhausted, but what else is new? I’ve cut back on trying to do excessive sensory activities, but I’m still doing constant activities. I’m busy, and I stay that way. I’m a part-time college student with a full-time job. I also am working on a website for my church, I’m on the youth leadership team, I go to all the church events I can attend, I help run the sound booth every other week, and I help the youth pastor with various church projects. I’m also going to be the best man at a wedding here in a month, go to Skills USA Nationals, and continually keep up with this blog. I’m trying to do this all while trying to juggle my social life with friends and family. Not only that come Fall semester I’m going to be doing even more. I’m going to be taking more classes than an average full-time student, and hopefully, I will start tutoring.

As you can see I’m swamped. Why do I stay so busy? I have many reasons. Before I was working because I’m trying to set myself up for success in life, plus I want to make sure I can be able to provide the very best I possibly can for a family one day. Hopefully, debt free. But after this heartbreak, I noticed I started putting more effort into everything. The reason for this is because I’m trying to distract myself. I’m trying to keep my mind busy because if I let it roam free, it will go straight into depression. So for me to stay somewhat happy, I have to distract my mind from overthinking; otherwise, I over think things.

I know it’s probably not the most healthy thing to keep myself so busy like this, but I need it. I have to stay active until I can be happy again. Because my philosophy is and has been this, I can slow down once I have a family of my own one day. Till then I’m gonna work like crazy, that way by the time I get to that stage I can slow down and focus everything on my family. I would rather feel like crap right now and work myself extremely hard if that means in the future I can have a pleasant and enjoyable future with my family, instead of us being stressed about finances and other things. I want to be to the point where finances are not a significant impact on my family. You see, I’m telling you. Almost everything I do has an underlying meaning to my dream. I’m working hard now so I can set my family up for the best possible life in the future. I realize that the actions I take now affect my family in the future, and I’m trying my very hardest to make the best decisions I possibly can.

I know today’s post is a bit shorter, but I hope it was good nonetheless. Thanks so much for reading! I hope you all have a great day! Till next time. Peace and God Bless!!

~~~ INFJ Mickey

P.S. == I’m going to launch the poll later today so be sure to stay on the look out for that!

24 comments on “Life Update #3: Swamped

1. Elber Oum says:

Glad we got to hear from you! Well, what annoys me though is you might overwork yourself now then later you will feel stressed and maybe short tempered but i know you think staying busy is alot better (that’s how i think as well!) But really stuff happens and you need to be careful with everything! And wish you all the best 💪 and, i really like the way you think and the importance you give to family …🙈 have a lovely week ~ 💖

1. INFJ Mickey says:

Yeah I agree, it is really annoying. I’ve struggled with being stressed and short tempered because I worked myself too much before. It’s rough, but I’m be careful so as soon as I notice signs of me beginning to hit that stage I back off slightly. That is true you do have to be careful about everything! Thank you so much! Yeah after God there’s nothing more important to me than family. Especially my future family. Thanks! I hope you do as well!!!

~~~ INFJ Mickey

1. Elber Oum says:

Me too but i want someone that has the same way of thinking as yours, for some period of time i thought this kind of people is just a fantasy and they don’t exist but i’m glad i came across your blog 🙈 but concerning family honestly lately seeing how things are going on and the pressure and high expectations of wives i got this fear that i’m even seriously considering staying single for the rest of my life maybe adopt some cats or doggies and live with them lol, May all your dreams and everything you wish for come true and please take care of your mental health it’s as important 🙈 (sorry for this long comment, this seems to be contagious lol just kidding. 🙈)

2. INFJ Mickey says:

Well in glad to prove you wrong and that people that think like me do exist. 😂 I’ll be honest I’m not sure what things or what pressure and expectations you are referring to, but I understand the fear. It’s so hard to find people who think like this, and also that you like. Such difficulty has caused me to wonder if it is even worth the trouble. But I’m still praying God will work it out. Thank you so much! I hope all your dreams come true too. I’m trying my best to take care of my mental health. It’s why I’m doing this blog 😂 God will work everything out in His timing. Your fine about the long comment. I love the fact that you’re enjoying it and able to relate!! Thanks for taking the time to comment and share your thoughts! (I’m starting to think it is contagious too because I’ve got some of my friends to start texting longer messages just by talking to me. 😂)

~~~ INFJ Mickey

3. Elber Oum says:

Yeah yeah i actually relate to almost everything if not say a straight EVERYTHING! 🙈 i had times when i thought i’m maybe the only one like this, overthinking stuff, being dreamy, investing all of my emotions then get hearbroken… so i used to go on Quora alot, ALOT and type stuff just to see if there are people going through the same storm, you know … so glad i came across your blog! (Now i don’t do that 🙈) And well, i do have that fear because it’s never easy to find people with the same way of thinking esp in my case like i don’t even have friends lol, but i’m doing as you said i’m leaving it in the hands of God, he knows better … (this is contagious really!)

4. INFJ Mickey says:

Well I promise you you’re not alone. Because I definitely think the same way 😂 I overthink everything, I’m dreamy, investing my emotions, etc. You definitely not the only ship sailing through this kind of storm. I’m so glad you discovered my blog too! It’s awesome to know someone else thinks the same way I do. Hey well now that’s not true because you just gained one 😂 That’s the best thing either of us can do. Just leave it in God’s hands. He knows what’s best even though it may not feel like it to us . (I told you it was!!!)

5. Elber Oum says:

I’m glad as well because i have been looking for a friend with the same way of thinking as mine so you know communication happens by itself then you don’t need many words or actions it just happens … 🙈 i broke up with friends of 10+ yrs (i talk to them like raaaarely if they got bad or good news you know) due to differences and uneven communication although i tried hard to keep them that i even decided not to make friends when i moved cities just so i stay loyal but i don’t regret it though because i know i did my ultimate best and that also was needed so to prove that we have different ways of thinking and different priorities, stuff kept happening and i only became sad and cried alot and by then it was crystal clear that it’s only going down so i pulled off as i don’t like to argue or backfire, even if they say harsh stuff i just swallow it, it keeps burning me inside but i try my best not to hurt people although they hurt me first … (it’s a book long story and i’m sorry) well, you are free to ask me or talk to me and glad we have such a thing as blogs and kind of regret not joining earlier 🙈

6. INFJ Mickey says:

Sometimes the only thing you can do is try your best. It can be really hard to connect with people sometimes when there are so many different ways and thinking. It can be really hard to find people who care about you for who you are and won’t leave you. Friends who actually make an effort to try and understand you and want to be there for you. It’s something I never take for granted. Because till I moved here I’d never had any close friends. I hope you are able to find more friends that you can connect with and actually think like you do. There are not many of us, but we are out there.

I understand trying your best to not hurt people. I hate it when I know I’ve hurt someone. But there also comes a time where you have to look after yourself. You may have to hurt them otherwise you’ll both will just drag each other down, or they will drag you down. It takes a lot of wisdom to know when you should try harder or just let go, but it seems to me that you seem to have figured it out when you need to take a step back and help yourself. It may seem hard right now, but if I can get through my problems I know you can too.

Thanks so much! If you ever want to ask me anything or want to chat let me know! Yeah I wish I’d started my blog sooner as well, lol. So glad you stumbled upon my blog!

~~~ INFJ Mickey

7. Elber Oum says:

Well, to have someone who cares about me kind of feels just like a dream now, like when someone is nice to me i know it’s just a period of time and that all will change or end sooner or later so that’s why i don’t make friends and i don’t try to, (doesn’t mean i don’t want to, i guess you got me!) when i need to go somewhere i go with mom or by myself that’s basically how i’m living … i wish people held my hand tighty and never let go but actually even when i get mad with someone they don’t make the effort so i find myself the one going back to them (that’s downgrading) i guess you understand me now! Sorry about the long comments though (this actually has a story to it too) … glad to have you here 🙈💖

8. INFJ Mickey says:

I’m sorry you haven’t had much luck with friends. Yep you have me now! I understand wishing people would just hold on tightly to you and not let go. It annoys me so much when people become your friend then don’t put the effort into maintaining the friendship. Like when an issue arises they take off. Like you didn’t even stay and try to fix it. It ticks me off. I’m not the kind of person to do that. For me if you make it into my close friend circle you’re there for life. I just don’t understand why people don’t feel the same way. I mean I understand we have differences of opinion and the way we think, but if you really cared about me we’d be able to work through it. Sorry I started to vent there a little 😂 I understand the feeling of having to go back and try to save the relationship. Like that sucks. But you have to choose your battles I guess. 😂 You’re good. I love the king comments. Thanks! I’m glad to have you here too!!

9. Elber Oum says:

Haha not at all! And i think the same as well! Many times they would make indirect comments that directly go like “you are obsessed”, “you are free all the time”, “you don’t do much”, “if you were busy you wouldn’t be like this”, but man do they understand Priorities? Friends come in the same place as family so i basically free time for them and if a conversation is nice and smooth i give up sleeping and many times i didn’t sleep at all just to continue talking when i had stuff to do next morning then me comes back at 3pm to find out they just woke up lol, i’m fine now, i’m strict with this stuff because at a certain time i came to feel sick like one palm is definitely off, either them or me lol but really we grew up having no knowledge about differences, personalities and stuff thanks to all the useless classes and subjects we had at school to be honest 🙈

10. INFJ Mickey says:

I’m the same way with my friends! My close friends I basically treat like family. I make free time for them, if they text me late at night I’ll usually stay up longer than I need to, etc. I make them a priority. It can be hard to find people who treat you the same way. It definitely would have been awesome to learn about this personality stuff in school. It’s a process learning that not everyone is going to be all-or-nothing like us. But I’m starting to realize and work on not being that way too. I need moderation in my relationships. I love the fact I’m all or nothing in my relationships with my friends, but at the same time I realize I need to also not get hurt if the other person doesn’t feel the same way. I have to learn to be willing to practice moderation and not allow myself to just go all or nothing in all my relationships. Because there are some friendships you have that need moderation. It’s definitely a learning process, but at least I’m learning and not getting stuck at where I’m at. I try really hard to always be growing and improving myself. So awesome to know that you feel the same way about friendships as I do! It’s crazy how much we think alike!

11. Elber Oum says:

And with this moderation thing you still need to be aware that you are someone who gives stuff your 100% though moderation dismisses this law and goes with the flow, so certainly you will go through some sadness bolts here and there but remind yourself that your reason is actually much bigger and worth it! Yeah it’s really thrilling to have someone who thinks exactly the same! 🙈

12. INFJ Mickey says:

I know right! Like it’s so awesome. That really is true. But definitely being aware that you give a 100% allows you to be able to be more mindful of how you are giving your attention. Because I’ll be honest I can get carried away sometimes. And yeah you definitely will get ‘sadness bolts’ here and there, but you just have to power through them. It may be a rollercoaster, but you just have to roll with the flow and not let it get you down. (Easier said than done I know 😂)

13. Elber Oum says:

Yeah actually because i tried it and failed lol (i wrote this as a last sentence in the previous comment and deleted it as i didn’t want to bring your hopes down lol but as you said “easier said than done” i felt i was right to include it 🙈) so i ended up actually realising that some are not even worth the moderation because then too they will find reasons again and it will just loop stuff over … sorry this was sad 🙈

14. INFJ Mickey says:

No I get it. I’ll be honest I’ve tried and failed too, but people are going to let you down. No one is perfect, and that most definitely includes me. Friends will fail me and I them. I just have to realize that not every friendship will work out the way I want or expect it to every time. I just have to try my best to do and be the best I can. God will take care of the rest. It just takes wisdom to know which people are people we need to open up to and who we shouldn’t. But it takes even more wisdom to realize that some people you need, but are only there for a short amount of time. Sometimes God puts people into our lives for season to show us, teach us, or grow us. I struggle with knowing when to open up and when to hold back. Because I’m either or, it’s hard for me to show moderation. But I’ve just come to realize I just need to try my best to be me. People will come and go. Some will stay longer than others, but in the end I can only control who I am. That’s just my view on it 😂😂

15. Elber Oum says:

Yeah i suggest going with the flow as well, like if things are smooth and effortless that’s the kind of relationships i want to go for now although there are some people you want to have so you try although they are different from you but that never worked so i’m just gonna ditch that, relax and be me, as you said in the end i can only control who i’m lol 🙈

16. INFJ Mickey says:

Exactly! We’re on the same wavelength here. 😂 I do agree though, that there are some people who you need/want to try harder to keep. And sometimes it takes sacrifice to keep those friendships. Sometimes it’s worth it, sometimes it’s not. But you can only try your best!

17. Elber Oum says:

I’m starting to doubt if we are twins or something lol 🙈

18. INFJ Mickey says:

😂😂😂 Ikr! Like it’s crazy how much we think alike!

19. Elber Oum says:

And i went and read your “about me” page and while reading how you described yourself with the layers and stuff, for a moment i was like, did i write this and forgot or did someone write this about me? Lol, i too realised i needed to be a bit loose with my layers as like you said felt they got in the way sometimes but i guess people now know and even with that they ll still stick around and get close to you like climbing up the stairs one by one if they want to and some will just go like “yo putting that nose up, who do you think you are?” I went actually through all this as my *biscuit* resting face only spiced it up lol so after that i just went back to my layers because as we said there is no reason to change for people if they are meant to love you and stay around, it will just happen 🙈

20. INFJ Mickey says:

😂 That’s both funny and awesome you forgot for a moment who wrote it. Yeah if people love you they will make the effort to get to know you and will stick around. You should never have to change yourself for someone. So glad you’re enjoying my different posts!! I actually was thinking about updating my About Me Page. I feel like it could use some work 😂

21. Elber Oum says:

Haha as you like but add there ” i got a twin” lol (sorry though 🙈)

22. INFJ Mickey says: